Friday, November 4, 2011

Special Thanks

It has been a busy couple of weeks. A special thanks to all who helped make our Walk to cure Diabetes a huge success. Here we are on walk day.
It was a beautiful day, the weather couldn't have been nicer and the walk along the boardwalk with the ocean waves was great fun. It was so nice to see so many friends sporting Joshua's Rock Stars t-shirts and he won the best t-shirt contest. Shannon and Brian's goal was to raise $2,000 and to date they have raised over $3800 with the final totals not in yet. So wonderful job and thanks to all of you, dear friends and family. The two that will benefit from a cure in our family are Brian and Joshua and I hope that day is tomorrow. If you would like to learn more about Type I Diabetes and how you can help in the fight to find a cure, just email me and I'll be happy to send you some very good links. November is Diabetes Awareness Month and November 14 is World Diabetes Day, please wear Blue to show you care.
Craft wise, I made some thank you cards for Shannon to send out to those that attended the walk, sent a donation and helped with so many things, but I'll wait to post a picture until she has a chance to send them out. I did do a Christmas Album which I'll post to raffle off at a crop she was holding later that same day with all the profit from the raffle tickets going towards the walk fund.

No comments: