Friday, March 16, 2012

Happy St. Paddy's Day

Shamrocks blowing in the wind. A new 3D art canvas for my daughter's guest room that she has decided to do in a Celtic theme. I will be seeing her tomorrow for St. Patrick's day and with a last name of O'Leary we tend to celebrate it as a major holiday. We will be going to DC area for a welcome home party for my nephew after his safe return from Afghanistan so I know we will be spending it with family and friends, good food and good times. Do you celebrate St. Patrick's Day, Irish or not?
AP cricut cartridge used to cut various sizes of hearts, 6 of each size per shamrock. Fold hearts in half and glue on flap of each folded heart to the other to form a petal, 3 petals to a shamrock and I just hand cut the stems of various sizes. Art canvas is 12 x16 and framed with a 12 x16 frame with glass removed. Hope you enjoy and I can't wait to give it to Shannon when I see her tomorrow.

2 comments:

Sara said...

So special- this piece is great! I love that she's doing a Celtic theme in the guest room, can't wait to see pictures of it all coming together.

Shannon@ The New Normal Life said...

thanks mom!! I love you and I love it!! It is perfect!! I almost dont want to put it in the guest room it isnt a room I go in everyday!!