Thursday, March 6, 2014

6x6 card in a box

Really like the larger 6x6 size that I tried with this butterfly card. It was amazing to see what a big difference in size there is. Saw this set of stickers and knew I wanted to try the card in a box with these beautiful butterflies popping out of the box. I cut my cardstock 6x12 and scored it at 6 inches horizontally then flipped it and scored at 3, 6, 9 inches.Then I cut on the vertical score lines down to the horizontal score line and folded on the lower score lines to form the box. I needed to cut a 1"x6" piece of matching cardstock to make a tab to close the box ends. I scored the 1" in half vertically and attached one side of this folded piece to one end of the box using a strong adhesive like the red stuff. then did the same thing to the other side of the folded piece, connecting it to the other end of the box. The inside dividers where made by cutting a 4x4 square in half and scoring 1/2" on each end. Folding those scores like a Z and attaching to inside of box as in the instructions for the previous card in a box instructions.
Just a note on the paper used in this card. The glitter paper and the holograph paper were both purchased at Walmart along with the sheet of butterfly and heart stickers. I backed each butterfly with black CTMH cardstock and simply trimmed around so that the backs of the stickers would have a finished look and in that sandwich I attached a clear piece of acetate to make the support for the butterflies invisible. I heat embossed the butterfly image on the holograph paper with CTMH Black embossing powder and also heat embossed all the other sentiments and images to be cohesive. The pictures don't do this card justice, it is really shiny and sparkling with the glitter paper. Would love to know what you think of this.
Please leave a comment below if you like this.

No comments: