Saturday, May 23, 2015

Taste of summer

Here in Virginia it is Strawberry season and I just love this new limited Taste of Summer Paper and Stamp set. I hope to make some layouts for strawberry picking pictures. As always click on the picture to enlarge for details.  Available until May 31 on my website.



 Started this cute card by embossing a white daisy cardstock panel, then layering a sheet of hollyhock cs on a standard 4.25x5.5 white card. Added the strawberries by inking with hollyhock ink, then stamping off once and rolling in cranberry to add some contrast. Colored the stems and centers of the embossed flowers with topiary and honey markers. I love that the stamp set tells you on it's carrier sheet exactly which CTMH cricut cartridge to use, what page and what size for the cut to match the stamp set, so for the sentiment frame I used Artiste page 33 @ 1 1/4 in Hollyhock, then stamped You're Berry special in black and embossed with  swiss dots embossing template and lightly sanded to mimic the strawberries, then distressed with cranberry. The fancy trim around sentiment was stamped in Cranberry.
Now I just need to talk myself into cutting in the papers. I sometimes think, especially with limited time only papers that I'm going to use it all up and then really really want to do a layout that these papers would be just perfect for, so I tend to hoard them, how about you? Do you have papers you are saving for that someday layout you might want to do?

No comments: