Monday, August 20, 2007

Home from Camping

We had a great time this past weekend, beautiful weather, wonderful event with lots of friends. This was a special time spent at the Nansemond Pow Wow in Suffolk, Va. It would only have been better if the city council had finally after 6 long years agreed to give back to the tribe a small portion of the land the White settlers took away almost 400 years ago. There are 2 hold outs, even the major wants to do the right thing. We can only hope and say a special prayer that one of the men will see what is the right thing to do and be swayed to change his vote.
Katie, my sheltie, Larry and I arrived early Friday morning and set up camp. Our pop up camper quickly becomes a real home away from home. Katie had a blast and is the best camp dog ever, never straying from camp and greeting everyone that stops by like you came to see just her. And some of them did, she wins over everyone she meets. We spent Friday afternoon helping to set up the Pow Wow site and helping the vendors who arrived set up their wares for the weekend. Good food and good times was the fare of the weekend. The drums beat thoughout the weekend and it was great to see some friends we haven't seen since last year at this time.
Well, I've got lots of stamping to catch up with. Have a unit meeting and as always, I'll be doing my swap cards at the last moment. The stamp of the month for September is so much fun, I've already done some out of the box ideas with it. I'll post some later today if I get a chance.

No comments: