Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Fall cards we made last night


Oh I love, love, love Fall. I am so ready for the heat to end and crisp fall evenings to brighten my spirits. Here are two fall cards we made last night. The first is an interlocking gate fold card. Simply random stamp or use double sided paper, fold both ends to the middle and crease well. Add a frame cut from the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge ( I used the Circle 4 frame found on page 51>layer cut @3". You can cut 2 identical ones from 2 different papers ie. white and autumn terracotta and then save the white frame and the autumn terracotta center for something else, or you can just cut one out of white or colonial ivory and brayer on the color you want your frame to be ( that's what I do, I love brayering my color on the white) Used the new Fall Harvest  CTMH stamp set and autumn terracotta, olive, saddle, chocolate inks and the autumn terracotta alcohol marker set. Here is a view of the back of the card opened out.
I love the depths that was created by stamping off the ink from my stamp each time on the actual card instead of on my scratch papers and then sponging on autumn terracotta to cover the white after all the leaves and words were stamped. Hope you like it as much as I do.

This next card was just so much fun. I stamped out all of the scarecrows for my ladies to color, since no one else had the September Stamp of the Month Fall Favorites yet. All of their cards were terrific and very different. It's really fun to see what grown women can do with a stamped image and some markers for coloring. Here is my example for them:
I used some background paper from the Believe paper pack, chocolate cardstock that I ran thru my cuttlebug, and stamped the word fall in autumn terracotta and cut out. The words Hello was stamped with the D1220 Typewriter Keys, overlapping the letters similar to the word fall and also cutting around them. A couple of strip of burlap sticking under the cardstock completes the card. A combination of the new CTMH alcohol markers and the new retired markers colored the image. Click on the cards to see closeup. This is a great stamp set and is only available during the month of September. Place a $50 retail order and order the September Stamp of the Month Fall Favorites for only $5.00. Please go to my website www.ctmh.com/janeo to place your order. Until the 20th of September I am doing a special fundraiser for my 3 year old grandsons Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Walk, you just need to click on JOIN Joshua's Rock Stars to place you order and all of my commission will go to JDRF


No comments: