Sunday, September 27, 2009

Happiness Cards



Two very different cards, both using unique techniques, with the Happiness stamp set C 1310. The circle card was made top opening and cut using a coluzzle circle, placing the template just below the top of a top fold card and cutting both front and back at the same time, leaving the hinge area intack. Again one of the favorite colors purple pansy is used, this time dry embossed and lightly sanded for the embossed lines to stand out. The flower is pop dotted for dimension.


A copy of probably my favorite of all swap cards I have received. I received the original card from Nancy Brown, a very talented CTMH consultant, at the Orlando Convention in 2008. Duplicate as nearly as possible, I couldn't find a thing I didn't just love about it. Lots of techniques, including using a cuttlebug embossing template Swiss Dots, sanding the dry embossed lines, random stamping the background, embossing the center images in white daisy on Ocean cardstock then cutting them out. Her very clever way of arranging the cardstocks and you'll want to click on the image to enlarge it so you can see the faux brads, which are actually just small hole punches that are filled with liquid glass. How cool is that? This was one of the cards my ladies learned to make at my last Hostess Club meeting along with 2 of Treasures cards below. If you want to learn how you too can join my Hostess Club just give me a call. Maybe you know a few friends that would like to learn great new techniques every month, I would love to start a new hostess club just for you.

No comments: