Monday, February 6, 2012

AP Folded Hearts Canvas

Getting ready for a  minor bathroom redo  (remove wallpaper and paint) and wanted to start making some artwork for the newly painted walls to give it a fresh look. I love Indian Corn Blue cardstock by CTMH and  couldn't wait to use it on this 16x20 flat canvas that I got at "M" the other day. Each flower is made up of 7 hearts. You can arrange them however your eye likes. For this canvas I cut the hearts using the AP cricut cartridge(order here) Heart<1> p. 26 Shift. 7 @ 2 1/2", 14 @ 2", 7 @ 1 1/2", 14 @ 1 1/4", 10 @ 1", 17 @ 3/4", 14 @ 1/2".Fold each heart in half and adhere the folded heart in a flower shape with Liquid Glass. Make a few extra hearts of each size in case you make a mistake putting the petals on the canvas. (Guess how I know that). It doesn't matter that the petals of all the flowers are going the same direction, but it does matter that all the petals in the same flower are going in the same direction. I found the easiest way to decide on placement was laying it out on a second canvas and adhering the flowers one by one while judging my placement.

No comments: